The Consortium for Advanced Studies Abroad program in Barcelona, Spain (CASA-Barcelona) offers students with a high-level of Spanish language proficiency the opportunity to enroll directly in regular university courses alongside enrolled Spanish students at four leading universities: Universitat de Barcelona, the Universitat Pompeu Fabra, the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, and the Universitat Politècnica de Cataluña. Additionally, you may enroll into 1-2 core and content courses, offered to support, guide, and enhance your coursework at the Spanish universities, taught at the CASA-Barcelona center.
More About CASA - Barcelona
Single semester students who arrive with proficient oral and written Catalan skills, and full-year students who have acquired Catalan proficiency during the fall term may have the option to pursue content courses in Catalan.
- Five semesters of college-level Spanish or the equivalent proficiency
- 3.0 minimum GPA
- For fall study abroad: March 1
- For spring study abroad: October 1
Submit the CASA-Barcelona Program Application and Materials
- The CASA-Barcelona Program Application and Cover Sheet
- Statement of Purpose
- Statement from Spanish faculty confirming that your level of Spanish is at the B2 level or better emailed directly to Nicole Garcia, Associate Director at the OIE
- Copy of Harvard student record