The Consortium for Advanced Studies Abroad program in Santiago, Chile (CASA-Chile) offers students with a high-level of Spanish language proficiency to enroll directly in regular university courses alongside enrolled Chilean university students at three leading universities: Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, the Universidad de Chile, and the Universidad Diego Portales.
More About CASA Santiago
Through participating in the CASA-Chile program, you will take three to four university courses in addition to the required Proseminar, designed to help you improve your fluency in Spanish and complement your immersive experience through cultural visits, invited guest lectures, and other activities.
- Five semesters of college-level Spanish or the equivalent proficiency
- 3.0 minimum GPA
- For Fall study abroad: March 1
- For Spring study abroad: October 1
Submit the CASA-Santiago Program Application and Materials
- The CASA-Chile Program Application and Cover Sheet
- Statement from Spanish faculty confirming that your level of Spanish is at the B2 level or better, emailed directly to Nicole Garcia, Associate Director at the OIE.
- Statement of Purpose
- Course Preference Form
- Copy of Harvard Student Record
- Copy of passport
- Passport Photo (1)
- Proof of health insurance (photocopy of identification card is sufficient)