You may apply to up to two programs. Please submit separate requests for transfer credit for each program by May 1. If you are applying for a full academic year abroad, you must submit one form for each semester separately.
The application process is a two-step process:
1) Apply directly to the foreign institution or study abroad program for admission
- Visit the specific program or university websites to view deadlines and to access application
materials. Fall 2021 eligible programs are listed here
- Deadlines for admission vary widely, and many study abroad programs have rolling
admissions, so apply early! Keep in mind that some programs require that you submit
your application materials one year in advance!
2) Complete`OIE request for transfer credit by May 1 for fall 2021 study abroad
To request transfer credit:
1) Click on the "Apply for Transfer Credit" button on the Fall 2021 Study Abroad Programs page
2) Log-in with your Harvard Key and PIN
3) Search for your program, or enter it into the "Program Name" field
4) Complete and submit the online forms listed under "To Do: Complete On-line Forms" in the
5) Please note that it is expected that you will consult with your Director of Undergraduate Studies
regarding your academic plan abroad, even if you are not seeking concenration credit. Once you
have met with your DUS, complete the on-line signature documents, listed under "To Do: Sign
On-Line Forms" in the application portal
6) Your reqest to transfer credit is complete
Due to the tentative nature of fall 2021 study abroad, please look out for emails from the OIE (firstname.lastname@example.org) with next steps and updates.