Are you preparing to return to Harvard from a term abroad, or have you just
recently returned? The information below will help you transition back to life on
- Read through the Returning to Harvard FAQ's for credit, academic, and other
- Returning to Campus Housing: Students who want to return to College housing
must complete and submit the returning student application via the Residential Portal
by the specified deadlines. Students who submit this form late will be placed
on a space available wait list (see Housing & Residential Life website) for their
House and are not guaranteed housing.
- Have a one-on-one coffee chat with our Student Advisers! The Student Advisers
have also just recently returned from a term abroad, and are eager to share experiences,
or answer any questions you may have about transitioning back into the Harvard
student body. Email them, or seek them out in your House, to schedule a time to meet.
- Participate in the OIE's Annual Top Chef Competition! Compete or come to taste cuisine
from around the world as returned students face-off in a friendly cooking competition
(check the OIE calendar for dates).
- Submit a photo in the Harvard College Annual International Photo Contest! This contest
is open to all current Harvard College students who have studied, worked, interned, or
done research abroad during the previous year.
- Visit the Bureau of Study Counsel for academic support.